I'm actually wondering what is the best way to connect HLRs with Core network nodes in a IP based network.
- Shall we use the STPs ?
- Or shall we use direct links ?
I've made some investigations and found that both scenarios are deployed (a bit more for direct links) and the general ideas are :
- Reliable IPBB : generally use direct links.
- High number of Core network nodes : generally use STPs.
- Small number of HLRs (1+1) : generally use STPs.
- Sufficient number of HLRs (N+1) : generally use direct links.
- MNP : generally use STPs.
From vendor point of view, using STP is a must but from operator point of view ....
Thanks in advance.