I am writing a paper for school which is due in couple weeks. The paper is about Vertical Handovers, specifically a comparison framework for different types of handover algorithms. I just had a few questions i wanted to ask and was wondering if anyone can answer them. Here are the questions then:
- In your opinion, what is the definition of a Vertical Handover or VHO ?
- What are the advantages of Vertical Handovers over Horizontal Handovers ?
- What are the reasons that could lead to Handover failure ?
- What in your opinion, are the most important criteria for judging the performance of a Vertical Handover Algorithm ?
- Being that there are many different algorithms developed for carrying out a handover, is there any VHO algorithm or approach that is better than the other or are they all just as good ?
- What efforts are being made by the Wireless Communications industry to address the issue of standardization in Vertical Handover techniques ?
- What are the current issues in Vertical Handovers and Mobile IPv6 that are being tackled in the Wireless Communications industry ?
- What new advancements have been made in the areas of research and development in this field ?
- Is there a possibility in future advancements that latency will be completely eliminated for Vertical Handover ?
Any feedback would be most appreciated