Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  MAP to SMPP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAP to SMPP  (Read 283 times)
Abdulsalam

« on: June 15, 2007, 14:15:49 UTC »

Dear all,

Now, i have a good understanding of SMS over MAP and SMS over SMPP.
So, i want to develop my own gateway that convert from MAP to SMPP and vice versa.
And, i suppose that the MAP messages carried to my gateway through SIGTRAN (i.e through IP).

Can any one guide how can i start up?
First, i don't have any signalling points. So, how could i test my gateway?
Then, is there any open souce code for this? As, a guide to start up with.
Moreover, is it JAVA the recommended programming language for this project?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,
Salam Masrie
dineshonsms

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:37:43 UTC »

If you consider peoformance in factor then you should go for C++, I have exp in developing these kind of gateways , we had used databse for conversion,
For ex--->

We had two table one GSM SMS and other SMPP SMS, these table has column according to specification of GSM 3.4 (SMS technical specification) and SMPP v3.4 respectively.

when GSM recevieng thread finds the destination number short code(ex 8888) it inserts into SMPP table , when SMPP receving thread finds destination number is GSM , it inserts in GSM SMS table,.

You can test you gateways by writting dummy layer and those layers will be running in loopback mode.

Thnx,
Dinesh
Abdulsalam

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:35:27 UTC »

Thanks Dinesh,
Ok, good idea about tables.
But still, how can I test? is not clear!
knowing that, I don't have any signaling points to generate a sample SIGTRAN traffic of MAP and SCCP messages.
In general how could I simulate a MAP traffic (over SIGTRAN) and SMPP traffic? Is there a software or a tool that can do this? And, Sorry about the dummy layers. I don't understand how to generate them.

Kind regards,
Salam Masrie
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:45:41 UTC by Abdulsalam » Logged
dineshonsms

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:17:16 UTC »

SMSC knows only MAP layer and MAP messages, As long as you can encode and decode the MAP messages for sms services like MAP_MO_FORWARD_MESSAGE,
MAP_MT_FORWARD_MESSAGE, MAP_READY_SM according to GSM spec v3.4 no need to worry about the entire sigtran stack.

Dummy layer means you can develop simulator to encode and decode these MAP messages which will be used to generate GSM traffic.

For SMPP you can use any standard tool provided by smsforum to generate SMPP messages.

Regards,
Dinesh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length