Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Delivery_Report or status report?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Delivery_Report or status report?  (Read 364 times)
netmarmot

« on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:58 UTC »

Hi, I bring this topic again.
I found in the mobile phone i can set the SMS "need Delivery Report". And I can receive "your SMS has delivered" such messages after i send SMS out.
I think the parameter is TP-SRI in RP-UI in MO-FSM , that request a Status Report.
My question is how can SMSC send the Delivery Report to the sender phone. By another SRI+MT-FSM?
And what's the purpose of TP-SRI in RP-UI in MT-FSM?

About the Delivery_Report
on: December 20, 2006, 08:42:53 UTC      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,  what's the purpose of Delivery_Report and where is it?
When forward a SM from SMSC to MSC, if set the TP-SRI to 1, that means need a report. Can SMSC get any report thing from the FSM_ACK?
So does the Submit and Submit_report.

Re: About the Delivery_Report
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:12:35 UTC    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The GSM MAP SMS-DELIVER-REPORT is a response to an SMS-DELIVER, essentially the ack part of the MT delivery leg from SMSC to switch (MSC) of the recipient handset.

The TP-SRI.. does not request a deliver-report.. rather a status-report which is different. A SMS-STATUS-REPORT is the message sent from SMSC to mobile as part of a final confirmation of delivery of a registered message.

As taken from 23.040 spec:
SMS-STATUS-REPORT: short message transfer protocol data unit informing the receiving MS of the status of a mobile originated short message previously submitted by the MS, i.e. whether the SC was able to forward the message or not, or whether the message was stored in the SC for later delivery

The MT FSM Ack does tell the SMSC that the message was delivered and the SMSC can then generate its own receipt (if previously requested) and send that to the original message sender.

Report to moderator    Logged 

Regards,
   Cormac Long
   Webmaster & Technical Enquiry Moderator,
   SMS Forum

pramod

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 20:18:53 UTC »

Hi

SMSC after getting the MT-FSM(SMS-DELIVER) ack it ll see whether Status report is set for the forwareded MT-FSM(SMS-DELIVER) message or not

if it is set then it sends a  Delivery report by querying the HLR for A-party MSC address and it is a positive reponse then it  will send the MT-FSM (BEGIN )
message where message type as SMS_STATUS-REPORT.if it is a -ve response then it ll stores the message in d data base.

but regarding the TP-SRI param in SMS-DELIVER  i have to think of it.

pramod

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:29:17 UTC »

hi

In SMS-SUBMIT it is TP-SRR(Status report request)

Bit no. 5:   0      A status report is not requested   
   1      A status report is requested

where as in SMS-DELIVER it is TP-SRI(Status Report Inidication).

Bit no. 5:   0      A status report shall not be returned to the SME   
   1      A status report shall be returned to the SME
Sanketh

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 06:33:41 UTC »

What promod said is right.
and, if you set  delivery reports 'ON', in mobile,
your mobile sets the TP-SRR=1 while sending the MO.
SMSC checks this parameter,a nd sends report back to originator once the message is
Delivered/Failed with a permanent reason.

Regards.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length