Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  SMS in 8-bit format
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMS in 8-bit format  (Read 201 times)
maunix

« on: August 01, 2007, 19:48:01 UTC »

I have a strange problem. I've been using SMS messages for almost 3 years. A couple of weeks ago "something" happened with a Sony GM48 modem , a problem that i cannot figure out how to solve.

I send 8-bit messages, using the Data Coding Scheme 04; that is DCS=4   

I tried setting it with the CPMS command in TEXT MODE. That is using
AT+CPMS=17,167,0,4

and then sending the message in TEXT MODE but the data is in 8-bit format.

I also tried sending a message in PDU mode (setting the field DCS=04) as I always been using, and I have the same problem.

I don't know the reason but the messages arrive as the 'ASCII' representation of the Hexadecimal data I sent.

For example , if I send

I get

AB

Which are the ascii representation for 40h and 41h codes, the message comes with DCS=00

I replaced the modem but the problem persists. I talked with the Service Provider and they tell me that they didn't change anything, that they still support 7-bit and 8-bit modes

┐Is there a command or something that I can use to fix this out? I dont know If that 'something' happened in the Modem or in the Flash Chip. Changing the chip didn't solved the problem, neither changing the modem.

Im really confused.

┐Any hints?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length