Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Is blocking of SMS possible at the MSC?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is blocking of SMS possible at the MSC?  (Read 1342 times)
qazmlp

« on: July 26, 2006, 13:27:35 UTC »

Is blocking of SMS-MO technically possible at the originating MSC? 
As I know, the SMS allowing/blocking is normally controlled at the SMS-SC. But, I would like to know whether it is feasible to block the SMS signalling traffic from the subscribers at the MSC level itself.
soft_signal

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 14:10:53 UTC »

1.There is a possiblity when Querying HLR ( Remote) [MAP_SendRouting-Info]  u can block or barred or some error without giving detalis imsi and service center (location of which msc it is currently serving) .we can send error like unknow subscriber or barred subscriber as response . If i'm wrong let me know.

RussCrush

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 23:07:51 UTC »

Something like that would probably be a Global setting, or at least a network wide setting. It would not be the sort of thing that one would do at the MSC.

The HLR or SMSC would be the most likely places to do this.
qazmlp

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 12:03:25 UTC »

Possibility at the HLR is ruled out, as it is a SMS-MO and not SMS-MT. Hence, the HLR will not participate in the call flow.
But, I agree that the blocking can be done at the SMS-SC.
vishalgupta

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 06:00:49 UTC »

Bloking of SMS MO & SMS MT  iS poSSible aT MSC leVel.
IT IS WHAT HAPPEN WHEN UR BALANCE IS LOW ENOUgH AND U ARE NOT ABLE To MAKE OR RECEIVE CLLS /SMS.
IT CN BE ACHIEVED BY UNPROVISIONING T21 & T22 COMPONENTS WHICH ARE USED FOR SMS MO & MT RESPECTIVELY.
raguvamshi

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 05:34:31 UTC »

I don't think ur balance has to do anything with receiving of SMS, and for sending the SMS 
IT IS WHAT HAPPEN WHEN UR BALANCE IS LOW ENOUgH AND U ARE NOT ABLE To MAKE OR RECEIVE CLLS /SMS.
IT CN BE ACHIEVED BY UNPROVISIONING T21 & T22 COMPONENTS WHICH ARE USED FOR SMS MO & MT RESPECTIVELY.

I think the balance enquiry is also done before submitting the SMS to the SMS-C.
 Thier  is no specific way an SMS can be blocked at MSC level .
wap22

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 23:21:03 UTC »

Possibility at the HLR is ruled out, as it is a SMS-MO and not SMS-MT. Hence, the HLR will not participate in the call flow.

I think you are wrong with that, both SMSMO and SMSMT parameters have to be separately defined for each number in HLR, If they are not defined than the subscriber will not be able to use these facilities
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 23:25:41 UTC by wap22 » Logged

Please visit and join the new wireless and SS7 discussion forums  at http://forums.wapopia.com
wap22

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 23:30:16 UTC »

T21 and T22 can be provisioned/un provisioned from HLR not from the MSC

Please visit and join the new wireless and SS7 discussion forums  at http://forums.wapopia.com
Sporto

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 16:22:40 UTC »

I think you are wrong with that, both SMSMO and SMSMT parameters have to be separately defined for each number in HLR, If they are not defined than the subscriber will not be able to use these facilities

You are right on the money Wap22.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length