Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  mobile to pc and pc to mobile
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mobile to pc and pc to mobile  (Read 867 times)
abi

« on: March 17, 2006, 05:35:39 UTC »

hi

i am a computer engineering student from the philippines. i have this project titled, SMS RESERVATION SYSTEM. I will be using Infrared to connect Nokia7650 to PC. the nokia 7650 will serve as the gsm module. I will install a JAVA program to the phone and VB on the PC. Would that be possible?! if so, how can i transmit the text message to the PC automatically and be read by the system as soon as it receives the text. pls help... asap
shartner

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 13:20:25 UTC »

Greetings,

first of all, yes. that is POSSIBLE. Every mobile phone now supports AT Commands, for VB6, you gonna need controls for it, its called Mobile Active Control, u should see tht control in VB6 program(in components panel if im not mistaken).  then as soon as you get the control, first u got to figure out the code to connect your HP and PC. then figure out how to auto detect sms text, believe me, as soon as u familiar with the moblie control, it would be easy for u to code it. the tips are, ur program should be connected to the modem, ur program must be able to detect your sender number, SMSC number. Thats all i can say for now, figure it out first.. ill help again later...
dilipcr

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:00:12 UTC »

Please Check out www.swastiksoftware.blogspot.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length