Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  SMS controlled Programmable Logic Controllers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMS controlled Programmable Logic Controllers  (Read 273 times)
Simsimmer

« on: June 26, 2007, 00:04:29 UTC »

Hi
I hope my post is in the right category.
I am looking for a solution that allows a user to control a PLC via SMS. An example is where a user pays for a movie ticket online and gets a specific code sent to his mobile phone. He then sends the SMS to a SIM within an automated vending machine and on keying in the same code at the keypad of the vending machine, the machine prints out his ticket. Anyone seen or heard of such an implementation/solution?
Much appreciated
Simsimmer
abhiksarkar

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 12:13:34 UTC »

Hello Simsimmer,

A quick search on google with the following phrase "sms vending machine" comes up with a lot of results like what you a looking for. I couldn't say if PLC is involved though.

Also, newer Java enabled phones are capable of receiving SMS and taking actions based on them. However, I think the specs (JSR-120 and subsequent ones) prevent the application from receiving "normal" text message.

Anyway, I hope this gives you something to work on...

Best regards,
Abhik
Simsimmer

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:13:22 UTC »

Hi Abhik

I found exactly what I was looking for!!

Thank you so much!!

Simsimmer
 Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length