Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Need a little direction.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need a little direction.  (Read 328 times)
TWDO

« on: February 09, 2007, 22:22:25 UTC »

I have a client that needs a solution to send SMS messages. Because the client will be sending several thousand messages, it is not very cost-effective to use the gateways that charge you per message that you send. So, I was asked to develop a solution for them.

I did a little research and decided to go with a GSM modem and build a web service that will sit on a server. Then, call that web service from the website that will need the messages sent.

Now, here is where I need a little help. Can someone let me know what would be a good GSM modem to purchase for this purpose? I also wanted to get started with development immediately and not wait for the modem to arrive. I will be using .NET and the language (C#, VB, etc) really doesn't matter. I think I have found some code that will work for what I am doing over at zOpenSource.com

My cell phone is a Motorola Q and I also have an AirCard for my laptop. Does anyone know if I could use either of these two items to start development? Can I use either as a GSM modem?

If anyone could answer any of my questions or offer some advice, based on what I am building, please let me know. Thanks!
wayneh

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:03:54 UTC »

Won't the Operator supplying the SIM card for your modem charge you for each message anyway ?

Bulk SMS delivery companies like ourselves are likely to charge your client less per message and provide redundancy and support !

Check out www.hslsms.com

Wayne
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length