Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Subsystem number for MNP-SRF??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Subsystem number for MNP-SRF??  (Read 641 times)
qazmlp

« on: November 07, 2006, 07:00:15 UTC »

The SCCP subsystem numbers(SSN) are mentioned in 3GPP 23.003 specification(E.g.6 for HLR, 7 for VLR). But, I find that the SSN for the MNP-SRF network element is missing there. Hence, I assume that the SSN for the MNP-SRF has to be allocated by the regulatory authority of the respective countries. Is my understanding correct?

Also, is there one place(in Web), where we can get the SSNs used in all the countries where the mobile networks are deployed.
man_shandy

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:39:42 UTC »

hi qazmlp,
                The allocation of sub system numbers is based on operator's choice. It is completely up to the operator that what ssn does he want to allocate for any network entity.  Although mostly HLR, VLR have ssn 6,7,etc... but these are not fixed and can be different.
redtaza

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 03:10:40 UTC »

The ITU-T SCCP spec specifies a number of SSNs for defined nodes/services in a network, e.g. HLR, VLR etc. There are also a range of SSNs available for international and national use, i.e. can be allocated by the operator(s) for specific services etc.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length