Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  GSM-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  How 'calling name' is obtained for CNAP(Calling Name Presentation) service?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How 'calling name' is obtained for CNAP(Calling Name Presentation) service?  (Read 185 times)
qazmlp

« on: April 22, 2007, 14:20:11 UTC »

I'm little confused about whether the calling name is passed from the originating MSC to the destination MSC, or the destination MSC queries the 'Name Database' and gets this information.

I checked the 3GPP 23.096, but I still has this ambiguity. Can somebody clarify it?
RussCrush

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 00:24:00 UTC »

In the US, the destination MSC queries a database service (Called a CNAM database) that responds with the name for Caller information. These databases are usually provided third party as a service to the signaling provider, who act as aggregators, selling this service as part of bundled services.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length