Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Bearer Data Subparam ID (20) ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bearer Data Subparam ID (20) ?  (Read 719 times)
jny

« on: September 07, 2006, 01:15:29 UTC »

Anybody know if  this parameter is sending for the mobile station, the SMSC o the carrier network?.

Thanks,

According with the TIA/EIA-637B   Subparameter ID 20 means Message Status.

"4.5.21    Message Status
The Message Status subparameter provides an indication of the status of a message or if an SMS error has occurred, the nature of the error and whether the condition is considered temporary or permanent. "

shad

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 16:33:53 UTC »

Hi jny

From the standard, the Message Status subparameter is only used in the Delivery Acknowledgement Message, so it would only ever be sent by the SMSC.

It is new for 637-B, so I would guess you wouldn't see it that often in the real world.

Smiley
shad
jny

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 18:51:09 UTC »

Hey shad, thanks fro you repsonse....
As I understood. this subparameter is handled by the SMSC provider, and nothing to do with te handset or the carrier. Is it ok?

Rgds
shad

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 22:12:28 UTC »

the SMSC creates this subparameter and includes it in the Delivery Acknowledgment Message. The carrier (i.e. MSC) shouldn't have to do anything. The MS receives the subparameter, so it has to support it if it's going to be of any use.

-shad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length