Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  SMDPP responses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMDPP responses  (Read 621 times)
liamk

« on: June 08, 2006, 00:13:53 UTC »

Hi,

I have noted in the IS41 specification that it indicates that a successful (MO or MT) SMDPP response can contain a bearer data parameter (optionally). However, I have never seen this used in any deployment of which I have had practical experience.

Is this parameter actually ever used in practice and, if so, could you give me an example for purpose it was used ?

Thanks,

Liam
shad

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 21:25:33 UTC »

Hi Liam

It's hard to see it being too useful in a user-to-user SMS scenario, since the MC(/SMSC) will have replied to the originator before the return result from the delivery side is received (i.e. link-by link)

However, it is in real-world use for OTA applications - The OTAF can send a query message in an SMDPP to the MSC, and the mobile's response data is contained in the SMS_BearerData of the return result.

:-)
Shad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length