Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Configure mobile phone WAP settings remotely
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Configure mobile phone WAP settings remotely  (Read 607 times)
Andre1357

« on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:11 UTC »

Hi all,

I hope I'm in the right forum for this, but I've been searching for info for about 2 weeks now and I'm unable to find anything on the internet.

I'm trying to send a settings sms to a mobile phone, like the ones your phone operators can send to you, to configure your WAP settings for you (amongst other things). I have the protocols working and I can connect to a SMSC that will send the file to the phones.

My problem is that, I am unable to find the format (or any specifications for that matter) of the settings sms file. When the operators usually send you the settings file, it is just a normal sms as far as I can tell, but is it in XML (or WBXML?)... and most importantly, where can I find the information that details what fields configure what.

As I said, it's mainly to configure someone's wap or mms settings for them and sending them the sms to configure it remotely.

Thanks in advance,
 Andre'
shad

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 17:49:29 UTC »

Hi Andre

You might try IS-683, in the 3GPD block for information on over-the-air setting of information like NAI, password etc. I'm not sure about WAP gateway address etc, I don't think that's there.

There are also data-based approaches, see 3GPP2 C.S0040 and OMA.

I would guess that in general you would need to be working with an operator - they're unlikely to be wanting just anyone to change settings on any of their subscribers' phones, so there will be security mechanisms in place to stop unauthorized changes.

hth
:-)
Shad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length