Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  Protocols
| |-+  MMAP-Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Queries and Comments on Error Handling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queries and Comments on Error Handling  (Read 889 times)
RHuggett

« on: February 07, 2003, 09:16:01 UTC »

I found it difficult to work out what is going on here. This maywell be due to my unfamiliarity with XML. This is what I think you have said. If you find a protocol error in any of the SOAP stuff then report that using the mechanism defined for SOAP. That seems OK. For MMAP protocol problems send a message containing an ApplicationContext header with a
bodyType of ErrorResponse as defined in section 9.1.1
(ErrorCode+ErrorDescription). OK in general, but I couldn't find the list of error codes that you are supposed to use. I followed the reference to the XML Schema but that didn't get me any closer to an answer. For application layer problems section 3.3 says do the same as for MMAP errors but implies there is something different about the ErrorResponse body type in this case. Certainly there are two definitions of ErrorResponse one in 9.1.1 and one in
9.2.3 and they are different - the one in 9.2.3 doesn't have a description. Which are you supposed to use ? If these are different things then I think it would be wise to give them different names to avoid confusion. Then I got to section 7.2.4 and this says that Submit usually returns SuccessResponse or FailureResponse. I can't find any definition of FailureResponse. Is it really ErrorResponse ? Which one ?

Section 7.2.3 explains that if the submission had multiple
destinations the response can be an ExpandedSubmissionResponse consisting of
a mix of SubmitElementError and SubmitElementOK elements. However the example calls the elements SubmissionError and SubmissionOK. Which is
correct ? Also what do you do if there are problems in the structure of the submission element - does the statement in section 3.3 take precedence ?

Overall I think error handling needs considerable clarification. I would also like to see the list of values for ErrorCode with descriptions of what they mean and when they should be used.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length