Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  How to distinguish between an MO and an MT SMDPP operation ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to distinguish between an MO and an MT SMDPP operation ?  (Read 1288 times)
liamk

« on: February 26, 2004, 15:37:02 UTC »

Hi,

I am looking for the simplest, yet COMPLETLY reliable mechanism, for distinguishing between an MO and MT SMDPP operation. In the MAP (GSM) world, this is simple as the MO and MT Forward SM Request either use different operation codes (in MAP v2+) or can be distinguished (in MAP v2) by analysis of the application context string.

However, in IS-41 there is only one SMDPP operation code and application contexts do not seem to be used at all (Huh).

The possible methods that I have come up with are (in order of simplicity IMHO):

1. Check is there a destination address (either ODA or DA) present in the SMDPP. The logic being that I think that this field MUST be present for an MO SMDPP but will never be present in an MT SMDPP. I disagreeumptions may be wrong here or, if right, they may NOT be true 100% of the time.

2. Analysis of the underlying SCCP called party address information (i.e. the Point Code, SSN and\or global title of the SCCP called party address). If these parameters (or one of them) match that of the SMSC then it is MO otherwise it is MT.

3. Determine the type of SMS teleservice PDU that is present in the bearer data field (i.e is it a submit (MO), deliver (MT) or acknowledgement (MO or MT ??)). Not sure that this will work at all for user\read acknowledgements, or indeed for certain teleservices that do not seem to use the standard submit, deliver etc. PDUs (e.g. GUTS). Also it seems quite complex compared to the others ?

Anyone got any comments on the (100%) reliability of the above or indeed any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

Liam
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 20:04:41 UTC by liamk » Logged
Eadala Dhananjaya Reddy

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 13:23:13 UTC »

hey,
here no confusion, because if we recieve SMDPP message at MSC, it is understood that it is a MT and if we recieve SMDPP message at SMSC, it is understood that it is an MO. An SMDPP originating at MSC will contain submit (of IS-637 / IS-136) message in bearerdata and SMDPP originating at SMSC will contain deliver (of IS-637 / IS-136) message in bearerdata

However we need this distinction in case of MC to MC case (MC to MC is only IS-41). In this case SMSC will recieve SMDPP message with submit from another SMSC. In this the MC to MC flag will tell the SMSC that it is from another SMSC and still is submit message.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length