Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  how to send a flash mesage from SMSC to MS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to send a flash mesage from SMSC to MS  (Read 724 times)
pramod

« on: November 11, 2006, 06:16:31 UTC »

hi all

how to send a  flash message(eg: sms delivered successfully) from SMSC to origination MS(which is originated SMS).which parameters we have to set in SMDPP req message so that MS can understand it is a flash message .

thanks in advance
shad

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 17:56:19 UTC »

Hi Pramod

I think what you want is the SMS Delivery Acknowledgment Message. It is sent when the original message included the DAK_REQ bit set in the Reply Option subparameter.

In the Delivery Acknowledgment Message, the MESSAGE_TYPE field in the Message Identifier subparameter is set to '0100' to distinguish this type of message.

Now whether the mobile flashes this on the screen, treats it like a normal message, or just silently updates an icon in the outbox is I think implementation-dependent.

Smiley
shad
pramod

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 06:18:43 UTC »

thaks shad

thanks for ur valuable information i have one doubt that what is USER_ACK_REQ bit in reply option .
when it will be set.

waiting for response..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:22:11 UTC by pramod » Logged
shad

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 16:55:00 UTC »

From IS-637/C.S0015:

"An SMS recipient, after receiving a short message, can manually acknowledge the message. Optionally, the recipient can specify one of a number of pre-defined messages to be returned with the acknowledgment to the sender."

The USER_ACK_REQ bit requests that the user receiving the message make some manual acknowledgment of the message. I haven't ever seen a MS that allows you to set this when sending a message though. Others on the board who know more about SMPP will be able to tell you if you can request this when submitting a message via SMPP. My guess is that it's not used.

Smiley
Shad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length