Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Message Id field in Bearer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message Id field in Bearer  (Read 633 times)
itsnomihere

« on: March 07, 2006, 15:31:47 UTC »

When a MS transmit sms it sets the message id field in bearer data
what will be the value of message id field if sms is from smpp client
i am talking about the last 2 octel in message id field other than message type octet.
i know that we can still transmit message without setting message id

Thanks
Nauman
shad

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 16:33:51 UTC »

I don't think there are very strict requirements on this field. The standard says:

"the mobile station shall increment the MESSAGE_ID field, modulo 65536, for each new message sent. Upon power-up, the mobile station should select a MESSAGE_ID field value for the first such message sent using a procedure that minimizes the likelihood of reusing the same MESSAGE_ID field value in consecutive SMS Submit Messages. An acceptable method is to select a random value in the range from 0 to 65535 for the MESSAGE_ID field of the first SMS message submitted."

This talks about the mobile only, but another part of the document just says "the teleservice end point" should set the MESSAGE_ID as above, so I think it works for both MS & MC.

-shad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length