Disclaimer: These archives are mirrored from smsforum.net in 2007 before the forum got closed. Please only part of the forum is available here.
For any clarifications regarding these archives you can contact us at http://www.telecomspace.com/contact.

TELECOMSPACE HOME PAGE         TELECOM DISCUSSION FORUM          CONTACT

+  SMS Forum Online Discussion
|-+  SMS Technologies
| |-+  ANSI-41 (CDMA & TDMA) Related (Moderator: SMS Forum Support)
| | |-+  Give me some help about WDP header...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me some help about WDP header...  (Read 1302 times)
sharetop

« on: September 17, 2006, 14:40:38 UTC »

I read the IS637 and wdp spec document from 3gpp website.but I has a confusition about user data.

if i send wap push from cdma modem, only construct the user data of sms, right?
so i find the user data consist of id,len,msg_encoding,msg_type,num_fields,CHARi.
but i don't know how to construct the msg_encoding field,it is 5 bits not 8 bits.

wdp start with 00 01 00(msg_type,total_segment,segment_number),right?
then wdp header is included in CHARi fields?
shad

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 22:56:20 UTC »

hi Sharetop

Sending a WAP Push from a CDMA modem sounds a little unusual. Normally they are sent to a mobile, e.g. to initiate retrieval of an MMS message.

The User Data CHARi starts 00 01 00 as you note, followed by [Source Port], [Destination Port], and [Data] as per WDP doc.

MSG_ENCODING is indeed 5 bits (for WAP, '00000' - "octet, unspecified"). This makes it hard to spot the WAP octets in a trace of the complete Data Burst Message, but is no different from what a mobile does for a regular SMS.

You will also need to set the Teleservice ID to WAP.

Smiley
Shad
sharetop

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 02:09:32 UTC »

Thank you Shad.

If I send wap push with AT Command.then must i fill the MSG_ENCODING fields and NUM_FIELDS field?
If so.how can i fill the 5bits fields? first fill it as 00000, then other bytes left shift 3 bit ? right?

shad

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 16:48:48 UTC »

hmm, I don't know much about AT commands. Maybe you can try sending a regular text message and compare the result. If you don't have to specify the 5 bits MSG_ENCODING for a normal text, it's probably not going to work if you include it in the body of your WAP message either. Maybe there's a separate AT command to specify this value?

Just guessing sorry.

Hope you're not trying anything sneaky though. The ability to send a Service Load push from one user to another opens up all sorts of security issues - as the receiving party, you really need to trust the entity sending the push. It may be (in fact I would hope) that even if you construct the push correctly the network will not deliver it to the destination mobile.

-Shad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length